Friday, May 29, 2009

Google Wave

So I was trolling the Net earlier today, and came across a small snippet somewhere about Google Wave.

So I start watching the YouTube video of a demo, and WAS BLOWN AWAY!!

This was exactly the app I was wishing I had 2 weeks ago when I was at the outplacement agency and needed to sync information (email, chats, docs etc) all in one app. Rather than having a bazzillion webpages and apps open.

Looks like the app was created by the same guys (Lars and Jens Rasmussen) who had originally created what became Google Maps.

So questions\thoughts that come to mind right now:
1. How is Google going to make money from (the marketing term being "monetize") this app?
2. The UI is already looking complicated. They should look at simplifying it.
3. They are already talking about working with the standards body to enhance HTML to support some newer features. This is the kind of stuff Microsoft used to do back when.

No comments:

Post a Comment