Saturday, May 23, 2009

James Whittaker leaves Microsoft

I was bummed to hear that James Whittaker has resigned from Microsoft: http://blogs.msdn.com/james_whittaker/archive/2009/05/21/tour-of-the-month-the-exit-stage-right-tour.aspx

James is a terrific ambassador for testing, showing the world that testing is extremely fun, highly technical and an intellectual exercise.

[Breaking news: 5\27\2009] Per this blog, James is now a Director of Test in Google!

I first noticed James as a result of his paper "What is software testing, and why is it so hard?" way back in 2000 (see embedded document below). As a tester myself, I was blown away that an academic (as I then wrongly considered James to be) knew what it was like in the trenches.

What is Software Testing and Why It is So Hard
What is Software Testing and Why It is So Hard api_user_11797_vyasanuj05

No comments:

Post a Comment